Thursday, June 22, 2006

SBQ 6/21/06 and a little stash...

This weeks SBQ was suggested by Vash

Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you
find it helpful?

I have never used a magnifier to actually stitch with, but I have used a line magnifier to read the pattern with. I actually didn't find it very helpful to use as it just seemed to irritate me more. However, I will use it if the symbol is hard to determine.

A little stash pics that I mentioned earlier:



This is Fiesta by Water's Edge and I am going to stitch it on this lovely linen called pumpkin spice java! The other is Lemon meringue Sampler by Casey Buonaugurio, I like her designs. I am attracted to them because I am on a constant diet and I figure I could at least stitch some food, even if I can't eat it-LOL



This a kit by Fleur de Lis called a Happy Moment, I don't usually go for kits as I absolutely hate to sort threads, but luckily for me this kit comes with pre-sorted threads. I will most likely change the fabric to linen as that is all I stitch on now. The second pattern is by Keslyn's and is called Celestial. It actually is done on mono canvas. I plan to cross stitch it. I don't recall the color name of the fabric.

In other news, I have joined my first SAL with Karen and many others on Blackbirds Loose Feathers design Quaker Garden. I am waiting on supplies and very much looking forward to that! Also, the next Loose Feathers is releasing and it very pretty, definite stitching potential.

For those leaving comments on my blog, I really appreciate it. Anyway must go now, happy stitching.