Monday, October 09, 2006

Another pinkeep and a stitching update


Well here is my second attempt at a pinkeep. This is actually a special piece for me as it is the very first piece that I ever cross stitched. It has been floating around in my finished pile now for 6 years. It is by Jemini Designs who did peppermint Nick in this years JCS ornament issue. I put a loop on it, as I plan to hang it in my guest bathroom which has s beach theme.


Now, an actual stitching update. Here are my Tribal beauties-whom I hope to have completed this week. I wanted to have two finishes by the time I went to my stitching retreat-but that will not occur. If any of you guys recall this was supposed to be completed in July. I guess better late than never. I am also stitching on 2 pieces which I hope to make into a biscornu. Also, I am trying to decide which projects to take with me on the retreat. I think they will mostly be new-as I have some new stash.

12 comments:

Barbara said...

Your pinkeep turned out great! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pinkeep. Sharon, I just love the bright colours in Tribal Beauties!

Mia said...

Your pinkeep is beautiful, Sharon.

I also love the Tribal Beauties. The colors are so pretty and cheerful. I can't wait to see it finished.

J Rae said...

Another great job on the pinkeep. :-)

Your Tribal Beauties are lovely! Doesn't look like you have much to go on them.

Can't wait to see your Biscourni.

Have a great time at the retreat. Can't wait to see what all you stitched while there.

Michelle said...

Love your Tribal Women...the colors are great! Are you going to frame that one? Your pinkeep is fantastic too. I love the blue heron and think it will be perfect in your bathroom!

Anonymous said...

They both look great!

Von said...

It's sometimes very hard to decide what to take on a weekend away. I'm having the same dilemma as I'm going on our church's women's retreat this weekend. Packing is easy, but what project to take!!

Love your little pinkeep and the Beauties! :D

Cindy said...

I just love the pin keep! It turned out really great! The Tribal beauties are looking fantastic and I can not wait to see them finished!!!!

Annemarie said...

New stash is always good. I think your first attempt at cross stitching looks very impressive! And the finishing is gorgeous.

Sue said...

I love the pin keep and your Tribal Beauties. How lovely.

Anonymous said...

That pinkeep is stunning and your Tribal piece looks great too. Keep it up. Makes my little pillows look like plain janes! Oh well, I am a simple person.

Amy said...

Oh, Mr. Heron will look great hanging among other beach objects! What a great idea, and a great finish!