Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yes, I have become finishing crazy.....





Well after a little trip to Jo-Ann's this afternoon with my Mom, I decided to tackle the no-sew cube. I used Kim's no sew cube instructions. So, here is the result. It is my alphabet heart. The colors are some of my favorite-lime, sage and purple. The colors match either my bedroom or bath, so I could display it in either place. I think I have been bitten by the finishing bug. Still on the to do list a biscornu and a scissor fob. I have been stitching on an UFO, tribal beauties. They are complete with only the very tedious backstitching and border to do. So, I hope to have a happy dance very soon to share. Got to run now-happy stitching.

19 comments:

Myrna said...

Hey Sharon!!

That turned out just awesome! You are being quite the finisher lately! Great job!

Here's another spot to check for finishing of fobs... http://drawnthread.com/FreeCharts.html
They have finishing instructions on each of the scissor keeper charts.

Never tried the biscornu thing. Let me know how that goes!

Hugs my friend...

Anonymous said...

You do such lovely things! Michelle

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring me to dig out my pile of stitched projects and finish them! Great job on the cube!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Sharon!! Love the bow on top!

J Rae said...

Sharon, It looks absolutely lovely! I have been wanting to try making a cube for a while. Will probably have tons of questions when I get around to it. :-)

jymisgurl said...

It's beautiful! Great job!

Von said...

Hurray for you, Sharon!! We should all be as finishing crazy. :D

choko said...

Those threads are combinations of a very clean color!!

Chelle said...

Your cube turned out great!

Kali said...

Your cube looks great! Congrats on your finished finish :)

Barb said...

The albphabet cube looks great. You have some great finishes I enjoyed your blog.

Barbara said...

Oh, that came out really great! Wow!!!

Sue said...

Nice stitching and finish!! I love the bright colors.

Emily said...

I'm so jealous! Your finishes are great...hopefully it will inspire me!!

Cathy said...

You are on a finishing frenzy! Great job!

Cindy said...

I just love your cube! You have done some awesome finished latley, Great job!!

juls said...

Love your finishes!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your finishes inspire me!!!!

lena-lou said...

Just look at the box...you are doing great finishes lately and I like them all. I want to do a Biscornu soon as well but you'll get yours done first...lol

Lauren said...

That looks amazing! I love the colors!