Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Happy Dance and Some SBQ's



This is Dream Tree by M Designs completed today. It was done with Passion waterlilies thread and I can't remember the name of fabric. I haven't quite decided what I am going to do with it. It's nice to have another finish though. I hope everyone has a good stitchy weekend.

This weeks (Sept. 28) SBQ is suggested by Lee and is:

As we all know, stitching in the winter can really be rough on the hands. What do you do to treat your hands well in the cold winter months? Do you have any suggestions for creams or soaps? Or perhaps a special regimen that you would like to share?

I have no special regimen. I just make sure to clean my hands and try to make sure there is no oil on them when I stitch. I usually use a shea butter lotion.

This weeks( Oct 18) SBQ is suggested by Vash and is:

Which way do you stitch, i.e. do you stitch /// followed by \\\ on
top, or the other way around \\\ followed by ///? Are you left- or
right-handed and do you think that this affects the way that you stitch?


I am right handed and I stitch /// followed by \\\. I have tried to stitch the other way when stitching over one, but I find it very difficult to do so.

25 comments:

Cindy said...

I just love the Dream Tree! That is lovely and I just love the colors too!! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's gorgeous! I love the colors!

Mia said...

Sharon, I love Dream Tree. Gosh, the colors are so pretty. I can't wait to see how you finish it.

J Rae said...

Sharon, your dream tree is gorgeous! The colors are absolutely beautiful. Love it!

Stitch or no stitch said...

Love 'Dream Tree'!!! Have you thought of making it into a needle roll?
Margaret

Stitchingnow said...

I like the dream tree it almost looks like a bunch of D's.

Sue said...

I love your M Design finish. Very nice.

Vonna said...

Love your M Designs tree...I'm thinking on stitching one from one of the JCS Ornament issues...your's is lovely!
:o)

AnneS said...

Your Dream finish is really pretty - great choice of colours :)

Annemarie said...

Your Dream Tree is lovely, Sharon! Beautiful colour!

DebVA said...

O.k. Sharon. At some point I gotta stop duplicating items you've done - but I love that Dream Tree! Gotta have it.

deb

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely project!

Heidi said...

You have been tagged! Check out my blog.

What a cute tree too. I saw another person do this too, was this a freebie?

Concetta said...

Congratulations on your Dream Tree Happy Dance - it's beautiful!

whitecalla said...

Lovely colors on the Dream Tree. Congrads on your 1st Biscornu. Thank you for your comments on my blog. Would loved to put you on my link. If you don't mind :D

Dianne said...

I love the idea of a 'dream tree', the color and your stitching! Beautiful!

Cathy said...

Dream is gorgeous - your thread color and fabric choice are perfect! Did you stitch over one or over two??

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Your Dream Tree turned out beautifully, it's a great combination of colours!

eileen :)

Lili said...

What a lovely tree! You did a great choice both on fabric and thread! Is this a design from JCS ornaments 2006?
Hugs!

catandturtle said...

Wow, is that pretty. Nice job. Ann.

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

Couldn't comment on your Halloween as can't seems to find the comment box. Franky looks sad.... :)

Dream looks gorgeous...with wonderful thread and fabric selection. :)

AnneS said...

Dunno why but there's nowhere for me to click on your latest post to add a comment ... anyway, just wanted to say I was sorry to hear your arthritis has been playing up, and that your stitching mojo has gone a-wandering - hopefully you'll get back into it again soon :) Love your Monsters piece too ... it's a cool design! :D

Arthemise said...

That's a really gorgeous piece. Congrats!

Anita said...

I love the fabric and fiber that you picked. It is such a beautiful piece.

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

I love these colors, Sharon! gorgeous!