Saturday, April 07, 2012

An Award and WIP"s



First up, is an lovely award given to me by Jackie of
Scattered Threads II . Called The Leibster Award. Thanks Jackie!

Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers to spread the word and help the new bloggers gain wider recognition.
The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

Enchanted Burrow ~~~~Terry

Counting Bits of Joy ~~~Joy

X Marks My Spot ~~~Michelle B.

Stitching Gems ~~~Gemma

Guava Gems ~~~Gwen

2. Show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them-Please see above!

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.

4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don’t know

1. I first wanted to be a nurse when I was about 15 partly because I spent the summer caring for my sick grandmother.

2. I am a huge, huge fan of NCIS. I will watch Gibbs day or night if he is on TV and if he isn't, there are my DVD's-LOL

3. In light of the above, no one is allowed to borrow said NCIS DVD's! I have refused at least twice. All I can say is Get Your Own! LOL

4. I wish that I had been stitching for longer than I have. Which is only about 11-12 years.

5. I now have a total of 4 terrific cats, 2 boys and 2 girls! Kojack, Tabasco, Stoli and Kiki.

All right, now for one of my many wip's, this is The Flock part 1. I am almost finished with it and I have part 2 waiting. I love this blue polka dot bird, got to give him some legs. He is being stitched on 30 count red pear by Weeks and using a combination of Crescent and GAST colors. The body of the bird is done in a color called snips and snails. It has 3 different colors in it.



So, that is all for now. Will be back soon with more. Thanks for stopping by and have a very Happy and Blessed Easter!