Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gift for a Friend

Every year for the last 5 years or so I have made a stitched gift for a friend. We have never met, we only talk via Facebook, email or texting. She is very dear to me. This years gift continues with the Halloween themed gift I gave her last year, which you can see here.  Since I was running behind, I had a little help from a friend. Sherri did the primary stitching for me and I did the finishing. Thanks Sherri! I finished it into a hanger for the door or doorknob perhaps.

It is stitched on 30 count Grasshopper linen with DMC threads, the little loop and the pumpkin nose beads came with the pattern. It had some other weird looking stars but I changed mine to black. The backing fabric is this fabulous Halloween orange fabric with the words boo on it. I added the fuzzy black yarn around it to finish it off. Oh, forgot to say the pattern is called The Witch is In by Amy Bruecken! I hope she likes it! Hopefully, I will be back soon with my Mary's Sampler finish.